SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
A passionate behaviorist and educator who thoroughly enjoys utilizing his experience and education to enhance the quality of life of individuals with disabilities and disorders.
AZUSA PACIFIC UNIVERSITY, Azusa, CA 06/2014
Autism Authorization (in addition to the Education Specialist Credential)
PENN STATE UNIVERSITY, University Park, PA 06/2011
Applied Behavior Analyst Certificate
POINT LOMA NAZARENE UNIVERSITY, Arcadia, CA 06/2009
Education Specialist Credential
UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX, Pasadena, CA 04/2007
Master of Arts in Education
Board Certified Behavior Analyst 01/2013
Education Specialist Credential (Level 2, Cleared Credential) 06/2009
Adult Residential Facility Certified Administrator 04/2015
Non-Crisis Intervention Certified 04/2015
CPR and First Aid Certified 01/2015
TOTAL EDUCATION SOLUTION, Southern California, CA 07/2014 – Present
• Teach/train teachers and paraprofessionals in applied behavior analysis (ABA) at various charter schools, public schools, and non-public schools.
• Draft ABA/behavior program designs/proposals for various funding sources (i.e., regional center).
• Train, schedule, and manage over 90 staff at the headquarter behavior department (BCBAs/Behavior Case Supervisors directly and Behavior Interventionists indirectly).
• Conduct initial assessments and functional behavior assessments.
• Review, manage and propose department budgets.
PRIVATE CONTRACTOR 01/2013 – Present
• Behavior consultation with Adult Residential Facilities (ARF).
• Provide BCBA supervision to BCBA candidates.
• Provide ABA consultation and training to international ABA training agencies.
EASTER SEALS AUTISM SERVICES, Southern California, CA 04/2013 – 07/2014
• Implement team ABA trainings and conduct team meetings.
• Train/supervise behavior/case supervisors in ABA and supervise implementation of Functional Analysis.
• Monitor and supervise behavior team to ensure excellent quality in ABA service for approximately 30-60 children and adults with autism and various other diagnoses.
EASTER SEALS AUTISM SERVICES, Southern California, CA 02/2013 – 04/2013
• Manage cases, implement staff and parent training based on the principles of ABA.
• Monitor clients’ progress and meet with staff and parents to review progress.
BURBANK UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT, Burbank, CA 02/2012 – 02/2013
Behaviorist (Kindergarten – 5th grade)
• Train teachers and paraprofessionals in applied behavior analysis (ABA) and assist them to be in compliance with the students’ IEP behavior goals.
• Create and implement staff training and parent training.
• Implement intervention based on verbal behavior, ABA, and adjust treatment based on student progress.
TOBINWORLD, Glendale, CA 08/2011 – 02/2012
Community Based Instruction (8th-13th grade) Special Education Teacher
• Implement various ABA procedures within the school and classroom setting and working with students with various disabilities (i.e., autism, intellectual disability, emotional disturbance).
• Conduct formal assessments (i.e., Woodcock-Johnson III).
JUDGE ROTENBERG CENTER, Canton, MA 06/2010 – 06/2011
• Collaborate with Board Certified Behavior Analysts and doctoral Board Certified Behavior Analysts in creating ABA programs.
• Train parents, train and supervise school/residential staff to ensure students/clients’ ABA program integrity.
• Serve as a quality controller using organizational behavior management (OBM) strategies based on applied behavior analysis principles to ensure program integrity from all education and behavior staff.
• Work closely with guardians of students/clients age 13 – 35 with various disabilities/disorders and with involved agencies.
JUDGE ROTENBERG CENTER, Canton, MA 08/2009 – 06/2010
Special Day Class (9th – 11th grade) Special Education Teacher
• Train and supervise staff using organizational behavior management (OBM) strategies and teach students with various disabilities using teaching methods and behavior programs based on applied behavior analysis.
• Create and modify individualized lessons and assignments for various subjects, MCAS preparation materials (Massachusetts students) and REGENTS preparation materials (New York Students).
GABRIELINO HIGH SCHOOL, San Gabriel, CA 08/2007 – 06/2009
Resource Specialist (9th – 12th grade) Special Education Teacher/ Case Manager
• Complete formal assessment (i.e., Wechsler Individual Achievement Test – Second Edition)
• Draft IEP goals/objectives and Behavioral Support Plan.
• Manage a caseload of twenty-eight Special Education students with various disabilities.
• Lead Individualized Educational Program (IEP) meetings.
• Create, modify, and teach lessons for various subjects, including Science, Basic Algebra, Pre-Algebra and Basic Pre-Algebra, U.S. History, English, and Basic Government / Economics.