WHAT WE DO
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
Psalm 139:14 (ESV)
We are a non-profit organization of Christian professionals with expertise and specialization in learning disabilities, speech pathology, mental and physical health, developmental optometry, pharmaceutical research and medications, working with individuals of all ages who have processing deficits, attention and learning disabilities that significantly impact their lives.
How we serve
We do not provide therapy
We instead equip, train, and consult parents, educators, ministers, as well as adults who have learning disabilities and unique needs.
Following are “target” areas that our expertise serves:
- Advocacy for individuals with special needs of all ages
- Autistic and/or HFA (High Functioning Autistic)/Tics and Echolalia
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder – Inattentive Type)
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder – Impulsive Type)
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder – Combined Type)
- Auditory processing disorders
- Behavioral disorders
- Bullied because of special needs and differences
- Developmental delays (at severe levels)
- Dyslexia (reading, spelling, and language difficulties)
- Dyscalculia (math and computational difficulties)
- Executive functioning disorders
- Fine motor, sensory motor, and visual-motor problems
- Fear and anxiety disorders
- Gross motor, left/right crossing the midline, balance & agility
- Language processing disorders/selective mutism
- LD (learning disabilities and differences)
- Visual processing disorders
- Proprioceptive/tactile defensiveness/ sensory processing disorders
The "Key to unlock God's potential"
When we only focus on the special needs:
- We can only see weaknesses. This can open the door to fear, anxiety and many ungodly beliefs.
- This will rob our peace and we can become preoccupied with what we want, don’t have and these thoughts will affect our entire being. This can negatively affect those we love, and model to those we influence that being weak is bad. We model our fret when we have the opportunity to model our faith.
- Do others see what God says in 2 Corinthians 12:9, “…My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”
When GOD sees you or your child, does He only see your disabilities?
When learning disabilities are in our lives, whether it be our children or ourselves, we hurt. Often our remedy is to “fix” this “hurt.” In Proverbs 4:23 (NIV) says, “Above all else, guard your heart for everything we do flows from it.” How we think is very important, for out of our hearts come our words and actions.
- How we think simmers in our hearts, and God says our hearts affect the tone and thought life of our words and intentions. Do we continually feed our thoughts from our justification or reason, or do we trust in how God thinks from His Holy Word?
- What is the state our your heart? If our hearts affect everything we do, is it healthy? Does it honor God, or what you desire?
- Jesus meets us just where we are. He knows the state of our heart, and nothing is hidden from Him. Jesus encourages us to come with Him, to a quiet place to receive rest. (Mark 6:31).
- We find that as we rest, God has the opportunity to lead our hearts to see from His kingdom perspectives.
God has fashioned us for His purposes, not ours:
- God states that He has plans for everyone. Plans that are good, to give us a hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)
- God says, He has fashioned us and knew us while we were in our mother’s womb. We are created to be His prophets to the nations. (Jeremiah 1:5)
- What God has in store is far beyond anything we could imagine (Ephesians 3:20).
- With God, all things are possible.